Sunday, March 14, 2010

The True Sign...

The church leaders came to Jesus, asking for a sign of his Messiahship. “Show us a sign,” they demanded. Christ wrought no miracle in response to their request. Why? Wouldn’t it have been to His advantage to win the most influential rabbis in the nation to His side? Certainly His life would have been easier had He fulfilled their expectations. But He had come for a higher mission than to gain the applause of crowds. He had not come merely to attain to earthly glory… indeed, He gave up inconceivable heavenly glory when He became a man. And besides, no miracle that He would show someone with that attitude would have convinced them that He was truly the Messiah. Nor would He work a miracle for His own benefit. His Father had given Him power to work miracles to relieve suffering, to bless men, and to give evidence of His divinity, but never for His own personal benefit.

Is there no miracle to prove the Gospel then?

Yes there is a miracle… in my own heart.

The miracle of a changed life… Old things are passed away… behold, all things are become new…

A changed heart… A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the stony heart from out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh… Ezek. 36:26

“Is it not a miracle that we can break free from the bondage of Satan? Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God’s heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought…” DA 407

The most powerful evidence I have for the Gospel is the miracle it has wrought in my own life. If it were not for the saving power of my God, I tremble to think of where I would be today.

It’s a journey… and I have committed to hold on no matter what. I may stumble and fall… I may slip and slide… but I have a commitment that I will press on.

And if you share my commitment… if you’re on that upward path… pray for me… We are stronger when we unite under the banner of truth…

No comments:

Post a Comment